Sunday, August 19, 2012

Making Jewelry!

Good day to you!!! I hope your weekend is going mighty fine! I've had a pretty good one so far myself. The weather in northwestern Michigan has cooled down some. Its in the mid 70's and last night it was in the high 40s. I have to admit.. it gets me thinking about Fall. Fall is a great time of year.. I love the color palette that mother nature colors our trees. I love to photograph fall! Speaking of fall .. we have change of articles of clothing.. and with that, we naturally need accessories. I'm all about accessories.. shoes, purses, and of course.. jewelry!



In my demonstrator's magazine, Stampin Success, they were showing some really cool ideas with jewelry. I just loved it. I've done something similar to this.. and just sort of forgot about this easy peasy technique. I used washers.. a variety of different sizes to see what I like best. I've found I like the flat washers best. The local hardware store really has a lot of goodies for paper crafters. You just have to have that creative juice flowing when you wander around there. I covered the washers with Stampin` Up! Designer series paper, with the help of a sharp craft knife and a sanding block, and then used Crystal Effects (a very thick coat on each side).. let them dry thoroughly overnight. That way I was not tempted to keep fondling them to see if they were dry! After dry, I used a drill press and put a hole in the top of each, and did some simple wirework. I bought the leather necklaces with clasp already attached, at a local hobby store, and tada! New, hip and very stylin` Stampin` Up! jewelry! I love this!!! I want to try rings, next. Stay tuned for that in the near future!

I hope you love today's project. I had a lot of fun making these and can't wait to make more! It is kind of addicting and what a neat new way to use some scraps of designer series paper. I love it!!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a fantabulous day! Take time to get inky!

Visit the chalet on Facebook by clicking HERE

Needing a little retail therapy? Zip on by my online store for inspiration and so much more! Just click HERE

0 comments: