Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Snowing! (In my craft room)

Hi there!! It is snowing! I decided to try something today.. I've used this stuff before.. but with a different die. I was playing with Aluminum Rolled Flashing. I cut out pieces with a utility knife and a straight edge first (you have to be careful.. you do not want jagged edges or you will end up in ER with stitches). I then used three of these 5x5.5 inch pieces under the die.. so when making my "sandwich" i also used 3 of these pieces as "shims". If you do not do this, it really doesn't want to cut it well. I used the Stampin Up snowflake #2 die and went to town. I used 2 per snowflake to give it some extra dimension. I bent the "arms' forward to make it a 3D snowflake and then used a drill to drill a hole in the middle and inserted the brad in the middle. I used some alcohol inks to color them and tada! This is what you then, end up with. I want to put something extra on it.. just not sure what. Let me know your thoughts!








Remember.. take time to get a little inky! Shop on line, anytime .. just click HERE

0 comments: